Contact lenses have been available for more than a century. The past decade has seen vast developments in lens materials and designs, meaning that even if you have previously been unsuccessful with contact lens wear, this option may now be available to you.
Statistics show that there are now more than 3.7 million people in the UK wearing contact lenses.
The Reasons for Contact Lens wear:
- Contact lenses can correct almost all eyesight problems and are suitable for people of all ages
- Vision with contact lenses can be as good, or better than with spectacles
- Contact lenses have many advantages for sport and leisure activities
- Contact lenses offer natural all-round vision and enhance your appearance
- Contact lenses are simple and convenient to use and expand lifestyle choices
- Contact lenses can be worn every day, part-time or just for going out and special occasions
- Contact lenses offer a safe, effective, stable, and reversible alternative to refractive surgery
- Adaptation to contact lenses is rapid and trouble-free
- The latest contact lenses and solutions provide excellent comfort and eye health
- Some eye conditions can only be corrected with contact lenses
Please contact the practice if you would like more information about contact lenses. We would recommend having an eye examination with us first, during which we can discuss the lens options that are available to you. We use all the major contact lens suppliers & also regularly fit custom lenses for more complex cases.
- Daily disposables
- Two weekly / monthly lenses
- Gas permeable lenses
- Cosmetic lenses
- Contacts for astigmatism
- Multifocals and lenses for complex prescriptions